For Special Occassions

Feeling kinda nostalgic




To put it in words...

This used to be my playground
This used to be my childhood dream
This used to be the place I ran to
Whenever I was in need
Of a friend
Why did it have to end
And why do they always say


Don't look back
Keep your head held high
Don't ask them why
Because life is short
And before you know
You're feeling old
And your heart is breaking
Don't hold on to the past
Well that's too much to ask

And in a far corner right in the middle of this playground is a person... for whom I shall be singing another SPECIAL song... The most popular... most sung song in this entire world.. BUT with a slight twist


Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
(Now comes the twist)
Happy Birthday to you
You were born in th zoo
You Look Like a Monkey and Act Like one too
(Please excuse my random capitalisation disorder)


What did you say... WHO AM I TALKING ABOUT??

Who else... the co-author of my other blog... the one and only Neigh-Haw

Nah.. I aint gonna talk about some PJ about a cross between a horse and a donkey that keeps repeating Neigh-Haw Neigh-Haw Neigh-Haw cuz I don't wanna incur the wrath of a female lawyer... that too on her birthday (I hope you kinda figured that out.. that its her birthday today)

Oopsie... I was told to write nice-nice things about this good friend of mine... but being the person I am (I all my GAS and GLORY)... I can't help pulling legs!!!

So very much unlike me, I'm going to try and do an unlikely thing that I would not have done under the likelihood of normal circumstances... I'm going to write something nice about this dame

Ummm... to tell you the truth, I don't really know her at all... Have met her exactly 7 times (6 times she'd been eating in Sydenham canteen and the seventh time she was eating at sterling ka subway... damn she eats a lot.. but that.s not the point right now)

So I waS saying, that I haven't met her too often and in fact have known her for not more than 2.5 years... that too just cuz we had a common friend (I'll talk about that unique kinda weird and mysterious species some time later)

So, coming back to what I was saying, I haven't been acquainted with Neha (finally i spelt it right... i hear a breath of relief somewhere) for too long.. but seems that we know each other quite well... sounds kinda cliched.. but its true

Damn... its so difficult being nice!!!! Anyways... its a dirty job but someone's gotta do it!!!

A really cool person... really talkative...
At times one can really open his/her heart out to Neha.. she is that considerate... and at times she can be a real pain when she starts speaking the BITTER truth (what she calls "sheesha dikhana")

And get into her bad books and you are sure to get SOMETHING dished out...something thats going to set your ears ringing for 3 days on the trot... besides of course the regular dose of saalas and kameenas and kuttas and once in a while "saalo vandro"

Neha is one of the first women in my knowing who hasn't flinched at the mention of cigarette/smoking/alcohol/drinking... dunno if its bravado (false or not so false) or just practical thinking. I'll leave it to you'll to decide

But all in all a very good friend - true friend who'd be ready to do almost anything for you...
Be there for you whether you're Winning or Whining...
Rebuke you if you ask for it or if you forget her birthday or that box of chocolates that you'd promised her (even if that was in your or her dreams)...

One thing that confuses me the most about Neha is her love for music... like me she is genre-agnostic... anything thats likeable is on the playlist.. like she says, "Wud anyone admit that he/she listens to TUM TO THEHRE PARDESI cuz you like pop music??? Then why the genre bias??" So speaking of Neha... she likes a real large gammut of songs from billy joel to hindi film music... but at times she's claim "Angrezi nahi samajhti" DUH.. then does Billy Joel speak Gujju?? yeah like Biladi Joeae. Anyways.. one big connoisseur of music and of course of Harry Potter... dont make fun of any Harry Potter character in her presence.. or you had it.. she'll just Avada Kedavra you into smlithereens!!!

Oh and by the way.. she's a great blogger. Love some of her works.. especially when its the funny ones... like the Obama noble prize acceptance speech full of beans and what nots.. hee hee.. And to tell you the truth... i really cannot hold my breath at the depths at which her thought process works when she writes fiction.. so I wont comment too much on that... It just too heavy!!!

Arre this is getting too much now... let me just finish off with a nice gift for the birthday girl

A wonderful TOILET PLANT



 
  
Nah this one's a hoax... I'll write about the original Toilet Plant from Munnar sometime soon!!!

And till then... here's Wishing Neha "Many Happy Returns of the Day"
Enjoy the day!!!

PS: Where's my treat???

11 comments:

  1. hahahahahahhaha...i have been ROFLMAOing throughout the post...too good...thanks for the wonderful gift that i shamelessly asked for from you...yeah, the starting was anti Neigh-Haw especially the birthday song, but rest of the post - dude, you actually praised me quite a bit re..thanks a bunch..

    gosh, you mentioned that tum to thehre pardesi thingi here? u r heights...n billy joel's gujju version was so damn creative..

    toilet plant indeed took the cake...hahahaha...

    PS: treat at tea centre - how does it sound? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippeeee... Tea Centre sounds good... Glad you liked this.. just think of it as the testimonial that was long overdue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Too good. Never thought anyone could be so damn creative in pulling leg as well wishing. Kudos to Shrikant. Happy Birthday to Neha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karthik!! Thanks for your comments!! Do keep coming back for more CRAP :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is super. Thanks for writing this Shrikant. Happy Birthday Neha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oopsie!! Never knew pulling leg can be so cute....A fitting present to Neha.errrr....did I just say 'fitting'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwww... beautiful tribute(heeee),so touching(lol)!!!I have never seen such a beautiful toilet plant before...Neha your day is made.YEH DOSTI...WAH WAH!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @SG, Insignia and Kavita
    Thanks for your comments. Yeah, I agree... Neha does deserve a good birthday present for being such a great blogger... and ofcourse a great person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hahaha. neigh-haw.. :D

    ReplyDelete