Kyun Phir Sur Mila?

It was the grand occasion of celebrating the Success of “Phir Mile Sur mera tumhara” and I had the pleasure to meet the celebrities who have done so much for our country that they were made a part of this legendary song. Though we could ask only a few of them few questions; nevertheless, it was a great honour to interview those celebs.

AR - Rahem Man

Me: It is the greatest pleasure to meet you in person sir. I am your big fan. Tell me sir; what was the idea behind tweaking the original tune a bit (?) and coming up with a new one altogether?

ARR: It has been my speciality to do so. Remember our National Anthem that I made for Fame Cinemas? It should ideally be of 52 seconds; but mine is much longer than that! Still people love it. People love me. Anything I make works; so will this. In fact, I may use my part for a Hollywood movie. Another Oscar you see.

Amit Bechain

Me: You have given your voice for this song. What inspired you to do so?

AB: I have given my voice for almost all the songs of various genres. When the makers of this video heard me singing Himani Boro Plus song – that Swaha! One; they immediately contacted me to sing something similar. I had only one condition – I should be the first one to be featured. They agreed (like they had any other option); and there I was!

Shanky, Ehsy and Lyo

Me: your trio is playing altogether a different tune there. What do you have to say about it?

SEL: We wanted our part to stand out. People say ARR is the best; but we rock. You listen to his part and listen to ours. The national pride song was the best platform to prove that ARR is overrated.

Dipick a Padhu kone

Me: D, i must tell you; you are looking gorgeous in that video. How were you approached for this song but?

D: (Giggling) they did not approach me; I approached them. I asked them to feature Ranbir and me; so that they will get a bit more publicity. Now this is a secret ok – since i am single at the moment; I am hopeful to find somebody for me. There are so many sportsmen, actors and musicians around. I will spread the rumours of my link up first and then break up. It is a great idea to remain in news for a month you see when your movies don’t work.

Shia-mak Dee war

Me: Shia-mak, good to see you after so many years buddy. You are the only person I can ask a direct question to. What is this video all about? And what are you doing there?

S: The makers wanted a bollywood version of this song; that’s the reason all the big names were roped in. But the choreography has turned out amazing. The original song was missing that; and i have successfully created a fusion of classical dance and the western one.

Shah-no-ruk Kahn

Me: SRK, your part in the song – isn’t it your favourite pose?

SRK: Oh they used it in “Phir Mile Sur” too? No wonder I was invited for this party. I have around hundreds of copies made of that pose. Whenever somebody asks for a guest appearance; I send them a copy. So it is difficult to keep a track. I am sure technology took care of lip sync part too; if there was any.




I could not ask any further questions to anybody.

7 comments:

  1. Are you a journalist? or is it your brain wave? No matter what, interesting article though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zabi, welcome to Crap Station..

    the content of this post is the truth right? :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have become your fan after reading this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. when we saw srk appearing towards the end of the video, we were wondering if he'll give his typical arms stretched pose...and he did!!! thank god he wasn't asked to sing coz he wud have gone with mm...mm....mmile sa...sa...sasur mm..mm..mera tumhaara

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Zabi, yeah, total crap :D

    @ BK Chowla, thank you sir :)

    @ Anuradha, welcome here..that was one hilarious comment.. :D

    ReplyDelete