Poli-Tickled

Another lazy day... another lazy post... don't want to waste too much effort into typing...Nah!! I'm not trying to follow Deepak Chopra's Law of Least Effort... just tooooooo lazy

State of current affairs (as explained by revolutionary thinker Calvin)



I'm not too much into politics but talking about old man Gowda (humble indian farmer who went to sleep at a UN summit.. or someother international summit... they are all the same) and his outburst... Ummm I dont remember what is was outbursting for... or whether he said "bloody basket" or some other bless-ed expletive!!


All I wanna say is this sour temperament and crass manner is typical in most Indian politicians - mistaking invective for insult.

And these days it seems that everyone just shouts at each other - be it political leaders, news people, or the common man. Nah!! don't want to do a copy paste, let the great calvin say for himself :D




Enough said bout politics... I prefer humour... subtle humour... not classic KickAss kinds... I believe in swearing with a smile... SUBTLE HUMOUR


Something like the time when Mahatma Gandhi was asked about his thoughts about Western Civilisations... He retorted, "Hmm... Its a good idea" :D

Lets look at another master... Winston Churchill... he's got a ton of those
The United States invariably does the right thing, after having exhausted every other alternative.
Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if I were your wife, I’d poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I’d drink it
When talking bout Stanley Baldwin: He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened)
Moving on to America

George Bush is born with a silver foot in his mouth, his Texas opponent Ann Richards, who also described him as shrub, not bush, once observed.

Politicians more verbally adept than gauche Gowda described Margaret Thatcher as Immaculate Misconception , (and Attila the Hen ) causing mirth but no offense. From Italy came a recent zinger when Romano Prodi said of Silvio Berlusconi , The Prime Minister clings to data the way a drunkard clings to lampposts; not for illumination but to keep him standing up. But that was before his nose was busted by another chucker when others had missed Bush and Chidambaram.
 
Politicians more verbally adept than gauche Gowda described Margaret Thatcher as Immaculate Misconception , (and Attila the Hen ) causing mirth but no offense. From Italy came a recent zinger when Romano Prodi said of Silvio Berlusconi , The Prime Minister clings to data the way a drunkard clings to lampposts; not for illumination but to keep him standing up. But that was before his nose was busted by another chucker when others had missed Bush and Chidambaram.

So... what should be done to prevent the country's politics and the inherent humour from going to the dogs. Roshesh Sarabhai from Sarabhai vs Sarabhai briefly touches upon a groundbreaking, revolutionary, fantastic etc. etc. solution.

lagul lagul lagul lagul
laal laal lagul lagul JELLY
jelly ke cabre dancer jaise shareer mein chhupi hai
anjaani ankahee paheli
jelly hai moma ka mann
narm mulayam meetha
pasand hai ise har koi
sangeeta rita mita aneeta
jelly giri zameen par
to awaaz aayi PLUP PLUP!
baccha usme haath maare
to sunai deti hai THUP THUP!
jelly par kabhi fungus na lage
uska swaad kabhi bhankas na lage
agar bachani hai hume hamari country...

TOH JELLY KO BANANA HOGA HAMARA PRADHAN MANTRI!!

Any takers?? You could even have a "Pradhan Mantri" and then eat it too :D (at the end of the term though)
 
 
P.S. : The other co-author of this blog is going to love this post... its got Gowda cheese and Jelly... Yummy!!!

6 comments:

  1. hahahahha..so true; I for sure love it..

    and this Churchill quote made me nostalgic..it s there in tea centre..:(

    you and your sarabhai fixation Shrikant..kya hoga..

    You could even have a "Pradhan Mantri" and then eat it too :D

    awesome post :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neha!! and what about your Tea Centre fixation???

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you know I am having a cuppa right now with some khari? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my first visit here.
    Interesting-will come back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. copy paste from here and there. :P

    ReplyDelete