Virtual Games

Well, all you hopeful souls, I am not going to give you the name of sites from where you can download various games for free; nor I am going to talk about only Farmville here! But I am going to write about my experiences with these games and gamers.

Virtual game plays a role of “other woman” in my life guys! Yeah I am not exaggerating here at all; for my husband is hooked to it more than anything or anyone else (read ‘me’) around him. He has a huge collection of different racing games and cricket. And I wonder; what’s there in it that people forget everything when the joystick or the mouse is there in their hands. And those few dedicated gamers – their bodies take left and right turn with the car they are controlling. And shit follows way too often; that too orally!

And there goes Cricket – Cricket 2004, 2005, 2008, Ashes, Brian Lara and such; with various tournaments, T20, test matches, customized player option, cheering crowd, commentary by Tony Graig, and again those oral shits! Those who are reading me for the first time; here is a news for you – strange but true; I am a jinx for our Indian Cricket team. Whenever I have seen any match played by India, India has lost! It is true people. I have tried a lot to watch it thinking it is just a coincidence and India has lost each time! Hey don’t get up from your seat and leave to hunt for me; for I have long back stopped watching our matches live! Why I mentioned it here – well my power works in case of virtual games too. Whenever my dear husband is playing cricket on PC and I enter the room or I look at the monitor, his team loses the wicket or the opposite team hits a four or six; or his team drops the catch! Now a days he seldom plays cricket in front of me; but NFS is still going strong.



Then there is Farmville these days! There are other games too, but none as popular as Farmville. People beg friends to send them trees, pigs, goats, decorations and such other things. The status messages beg too; so does the phone calls. And my dear friend who happens to be the co-author here; he did all weird things on his farm like locking the farmer character among hay bales, going on and off farmville too often etc. They have forbidden me from commenting on their posts on Farmville as I don’t play that game anymore! Sigh, these games are taking away my right of freedom of speech!

I simply dislike these games as you tend to run behind them; they make you an addict; you even ignore your better half on holidays! Don’t you all girls think that the cricket and racing games should be banned? And don’t you all guys think that Farmville should be banned? Rest of you who play both; well do I need to say what is to be banned?

Oh one thing I forgot to mention. It’s me who has given all those game CDs and DVDs as gifts to my husband!


5 comments:

  1. Geeeeeezzzz....As far as I have noticed; its guys who play farmville a lot. And in my org, manager beg employees to be their neighbors and ask for gifts..hehehehe..Its a trend setter isn't it. I am hooked to it too. Its really relaxing to be harvesting after a grueling day at work or to start your day by visiting and tending the farms :-P

    I am seriously considering farming now. :-P

    And I am hooked to Happy Aquarium too.. These are my first ever hook with any virtual game. I was very determined not to touch farmville, but here I am!!

    Who should be banned? Hmm...The mouse or the joystick.. without which its frustrating to play virtual games!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaeh, these days everybody is crazy about the virtual games. :)
    Best wishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! I'm in love with NFS ever since it made its appearance, and now playing Shift. Damn thing just keeps improving.
    And cricket and racing games should be banned?? Hell no! As long as coffee, maggi and racing games are there, I can go on living. Well, I can't talk about farmville, but seriously, every time I see those silly pictures of farmville when people update, it's disgusting. "XYZ found a lonely cow." - lol... :D :D :D :P

    Great post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a girl and I say..NOOOO!!!! NFS rocks!!

    Banning racing games, for us gamers, is like 2012 with the china made ships proving worthless as well :-0
    Why don't you try out the games :D :D They're fun.

    Now there will be both 'other women' and 'other men':D

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Insignia, ur suggestion shall be taken seriously...ban the mouse and the joystick :D

    @ Chandrika, so true..thanks :)

    @ Karthik, the way u find farmville disgusting, I find NFS and cricket pathetic :P

    @ Usha, lolzzz...well I am not banning the games for u all..it is only for my husband that i am planning this ban :D

    ReplyDelete